Re: DML Travel Bug update

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 14:19:29 EST

"Kenneth M. Berntsen" <kenneth@berntsen.cc> wrote:

: So how does the travel bug work?
: Do you leave it laying around waiting for some one to see it and pick it up?
: Or is it more like a relay?

Kurt Cypher <kcypher42@earthlink.net> wrote:

: I'm relatively new to the list, and I've seen the occasional reference,
: but what exactly are the "travel bugs"?

    Basically, you put them in a geocache, and their location can
be tracked at www.geocaching.com. Anyone who finds the cache can
pick up the bug and put it in another cache. Some travel bugs
have a specific destination in mind so the people who find them
put them in a cache closer to their destination, other travel
bugs have no particular destination, they just travel randomly
around.

    Here is a link that explains what travel bugs are and how
they work: http://www.geocaching.com/track/travelbugfaq.aspx

   Here are the pages for the DML travel bugs which were
released during the National DML Meet last summer:

  GenI: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBQ286
 GenII: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBPPRX
GenIII: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBQ1E9
 GenIV: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TBPWR8

   Each travel bug is a piece of 16 gauge steel which was cut
into the appropriate shape, hand painted and then epoxy coated
for protection.

--
                                          -Jon-