RE: RE: Oil Filters

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 01:34:58 EST

>It would probably need to be a fairly heavy duty pump also
>to be able to pressurize oil up to the 40psi or so you would want
>for an engine start. I used a 5 amp, corded electric drill to
>spin the oil pump in my Cuda and prelube it when I did a top end
>rebuild, and it could barely build pressure on the gauge and
>heated up mighty quick; it wasn't really adequate for the job.

The idea I was trying to convey was not a full pre pressure oilier. What
the concept is that the pump or pre-pressured tank is to do is just pre
fill the oil passages and or wet down the parts till full pressure is
built up by engine oil pump.

I know of 2 companies that make the pre-oilier that use the pressure
tank and I don't see how the small amount of oil these hold can do much
other then maybe pre fill the first part of the oil passages with oil.
That's way I toyed around with the pump method.

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us