Re: CarPLOW! what's WRONG with this picture?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 23:54:10 EST

Chris Reck wrote:
> Tom,
>
> What's wrong with towing 4 sleds on a trailer built for 2 using a 4-banger
> ford ranger regular cab? You mean I shouldn't have driven from Chicago to
> Eagle River like this (back in 1996)?
>

>Barry Wrote
>>
>>>http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/260243842.html
>>>
>>>I think I need a plow for the GEO...
>>>

>Terribletom Wrote
>>Sure - it will sell - to the same people who think they can tow that big
>>ass boat or 4 snow mobiles with a Taurus or a grand Prix. I've seen it
>>done before up here, believe me.

LMAO Chris! Damn I didn't know you did that heh. That's not as bad as
you might think ... at least its a truck chassis. However I'm sure that
the Rangers' 2.3 angry squirrels, left much to be desired on the highway...

  I'm speaking more along the lines of people towing and hauling loads
behind passenger cars. Yeah you can tow with them, but they were not
designed for it. Lighter duty transmissions, most with struts in the
rear suspension. Unibody construction... just not factors you want to
subject to hauling heavy stuff with. Small fishing boat, ok, light
Uhaul once in a while ok... 4 snow mobiles, heavy rec. boat, or a camper
trailer... mmmm Just stay in the right lane and I'll pass you as fast as
I can, so when you wreck, you are behind me :-)

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine