Re: RE: Jeep Liberty

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 21:24:33 EST

droo wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:56:31 -0500, Terrible Tom
> <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>

>> Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:
>>
>>> i've heard nothing but good things about them. the diesel is no longer
>>> available, so you are going to have to settle for a gas unit (unless
>>> you get
>>> one used).
>>

>> They dumped the diesel? Damn... thats not cool. The Big Three have
>> been fighting to get over the stigma that diesels have, ever since
>> the dark, sooty, loud clattering days of the 80s diesels. The fact
>> the diesel fuel sells for more than gasoline doesn't help matters
>> either. Regardless of the fact that diesels get better fuel economy,
>> helping to offset the current higher price.
>>
>> This just after I read recently that there (I think it was ford and
>> GM) is a big push coming up to get people intrested in diesels again.
>>
>> I guess us americans just love our rumbling V8 gas guzzlers more than
>> we want economy and efficency (shrugs)
>>

> For all this talk about American's loving v8's, I really don't know
> that many people who own one or see that many on the road compared to
> smaller engine vehicles. Just thought I'd point that out.

Heh - well - up here in truck country USA (wisconsin) - trucks with V8's
  out number the passenger cars :) I guess it depends on where you live.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine