Re: Central Illinois DML Meet/Cookout

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jan 27 2007 - 13:34:00 EST

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

: If you choose Memorial day, and are interested in Motorcycle racing
: at all, the Springfield Mile [the fastest mile in the world] is being
: held Sunday and is only 60 miles away.

: Also, I remember some discussion of shooting during a DML Meet, I
: think we could rent Darnalls for an afternoon [expensive, but close] or
: Logan County Sportsmans Club [cheaper, farther] or Lefthanders Gun Club
: [free, farthest, 70 miles] if any were interested in shooting guns. At
: Lefthanders, I could set up pretty much anything.

   Assuming that I can make it, I'd be up for that, and could probably
bring along a couple of noisemakers. I just took a quick look at the
Illinois gun laws (yikes - although NY isn't much better) and although
they are fairly draconian, it looks like as long as they are kept in a
locked case and inaccessible except for at the range, then we are OK?

--
                                          -Jon-