Re: RE Diesel and environment... was Re: RE: Jeep Liberty

From: twiegandt@comcast.net
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 16:18:44 EST

Diesel fuel is now up to snuff with the euro stuff. The US diesel just went from 500 ppm sulfur to 15 ppm sulfur for 2007. This was necessary for the new emission control systems needed to meet 2007 regulations. The sulfur in the fuel destroys the high concentration catalysts that are on the new emission systems. The 2007 engines are much cleaner than the old ones, not that the old ones were really that bad.

From: "Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy)" <james.zito@ge.com>