Re: Repost: Transmission Trouble - '98 Auto

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 20:44:24 EST

It could be a stuck valve or solenoid in the valvebody. The first
thing I would check would be that the shifter linkage is working
properly. Get them truck up on stands and disconnect the linkage at
the transmission. Leave the little yoke on the shifter shaft of the
transmission and manually move the shifter. Make sure it is fully in
park and climb into the cab and crank the dakota. Check to see if the
bands are still engaged. If not, reinstall the shifter linkage and
adjust it. If they are still engaged then start the process of
diagnosising a stuck valve or solenoid.

WiLieR