RE: Paper Gasket

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 23:21:33 EST

"Jamie Calder" <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

: Besides a scraper what's the easiest way to remove a baked on paper
gasket?
: There's hardly any room between the sideways sitting engine's water pump
: base and the inner fender. Getting a scraper in there is extremely time
: consuming and the material is stuck on like epoxy. Anything available
that
: can be sprayed on there that will just dissolve the stuff? Wishful
: thinking, right?

    Permatex makes a spray-on gasket remover which should be available in
the RTV/adhesives aisle of most auto parts stores.
Its a blue can about the size of a standard can of spray paint:
http://tinyurl.com/yv6fhz

    I use it on a fairly regular basis. Its not magic, you'll need a few
spray and scrape cycles, but it helps.

--
                                          -Jon-

That's what I'm looking for! I'll get a can tomorrow.

Thanks