Re: was: doo dum ... now Timing chain

From: cfaison@magpage.com
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 11:23:38 EST

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:56:59 -0600
 "Rick Barnes" <rascal@scrtc.com> wrote:

> Barry, I had a similar conversation with a gentleman who
> has been a Mopar
> mechanic all his life. He told me the same thing, he has
> not seen a 318
> timing chain fail. I have 165k on mine and it makes no
> noise and still runs
> just fine.

I'm not a Mopar mechanic and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn
Express last night, but I have seen a timing chain fail on
a 318. 1971 Plymouth Satellite, 120k or so the chain broke.

There's one, but I've not heard of any others.

The timing chain on my 3.9L '93 Dakota got very noisy at
about 100k. I replaced the chain at about 110k and it was
still quiet at 200k when I got rid of the truck.

Craig
http://www.nni.com/