RE: was: doo dum ... now Timing chain

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 10:05:24 EST

Thanks for the comments on timing chain and O2 sensor.

I plan on replacing the chain and tensioner this spring, before it's
time to get the trailer out for camping season, and I think I'll
replace the sensor as well. I'm most often in the Camp A school of
thought on not replacing if it ain't broke, but I have noticed a bit
of stumbling at times with the truck and it never did that before.
Gas mileage has dropped off a little -- maybe 1 to 1.5 mpg at most --
but it was always consistent before. Mileage lately has been about
the same as it gets when it's got the trailer tagging along behind
it, and the trailer is tucked away for the winter.

John Hower
'95 Dakota Club Cab 3.9 auto