RE: Cold Air intake

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 04:00:01 EDT

Viper fan, Conflicts? In regards to what?

I put one on my Dak a few years ago. The only draw back is the extra
load on the electrical system. Just to compound the issue, I threw a
underdrive pulley into the mix. When the A/C is on, the fan is not
needed while moving. One thing that helped with the electrical load
somewhat while using the A/C is a circuit that will turn off the fan at
speeds great then 20mph. It turns the fan back on when slowing at about
14mph. A failsafe was left that will turn the fan on whenever the engine
calls for cooling.

I have photos and write up on my web site. Look in the modifications
page for the link.

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2