RE: was: doo dum ... now Timing chain

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 20:46:57 EDT

That's correct. There is no tensioner on the 5.2/5.9L's. Even on the Mopar
Reman engines (ran across that last week) - no tensioner. It's a good idea
as the timing chain will develop premature slack after 30-40K miles (nothing
serious...just premature). These blocks aren't exactly precision machined.

- Bernd