fuel filter in 2002 Dakota ?

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 14:02:45 EDT

   Where is the fuel filter on the 2002 Dakota / 2003 Durango ?

  I can't find any reference in my Haynes manual or anything online.

  Autozone doesn't list a fuel filter, it Just says "Requires replacement
of the complete fuel pump".

  So there is no Separate fuel filter on these trucks ?? To replace it I
have to drop the tank?

    I've got 114,000 on my 2003 Durango. Its recently started stalling at
idle but otherwise runs great. It only occasionally does this but I figure
that after all these miles that some filter for the fuel delivery should
be replaced.

    I'll also probably run a can of Seafoam into the tank to help clean out
the throttle body but it only stalls at a red light occasionally and my
wife says it 'surges' sometimes when she is stopped.

    I've been fighing with trying to find a small evap leak that keeps
triggering a code but so far havent been able to find it. This shouldn't
cause this stalling.

--
  Miles D. Oliver