MIL... P 1687

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 20:06:08 EDT

Hey, DML...
Drove the DAKSY to work today, since the weather is a little nicer & I
didn't feel like drivin the 86 LeSabre winterbeater...
First time I've started her in about a week...she rumbled & stumbled a tad
but ran fine for about 3 miles...
Then she started stumbling & felt like she was misfiring & I got a blinking
MIL...
It didn't stay on full time, but came on & went off about 4 times...
Anyway,, she smoothed out after about a mile & ran fine all the way to
work - about 18 more miles...
I figgered WTF & pulled a code with the ole faithful on-off-on-off-on
technique & got a P 1687...
The "Bible" tells me "No MIC BUS message" - "No CCD/J1850 messages received
from the Mechanical Instrument Cluster (MIC) module."
Anybody care to translate WTF that is?
The index in the "Bible" has no reference to the MIC...
She ran fine all the way home...
HAYELP!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM