Re: Chrome Repair

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 20:48:47 EDT

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 09:48 am, Terrible Tom wrote:
> I'm thinking about things waaay down the line on my list of things to do
> with Christine... but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about
> chrome repair?

A little bit. Not much. Never done it, but it seems straightforward enough.

> Can those holes be welded closed and the dent repaired and the bar
> rechromed?

Yes. The only question is how much will it cost. You'll want to talk to a
chrome shop about this, but the process should be basically:

1) strip the existing chrome finish
2) repair the part (weld, grind, sand, etc.)
3) chrome plate the part

The repairs are the hardest part. Chrome shows every last little imperfection
and magnifies it. It's hard to get the part perfect enough.

> I REALLY like these bars and they are next to impossible to
> find anymore and I'm willing to have it put through all that, assuming
> its possible to get it to come out looking like new again.

I've never dealt with them, but I've heard good things about:

        Speed And Sport
        404 Broadway
        Houston, TX 77012
        (713) 921-0235

Give 'em a call and see what they think.