Re: Daimler confims talks to dump Chrysler

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 09:32:54 EDT

jim nelson wrote:
> Tundras are also $10,000 more than the Dodge, Ford, Chevy equivalent. That
> alone is hurting Toyota sales.

Ok guys - poke fun of the Tundra all you want. Truth hurts doesn't it?
The local Toy dealer here in town can't seem to keep them in stock. New
Tundras are all over town. I have not test driven one, I've been
planning on it however. But you gotta admit, their marketing department
has sounded a shot - loud and clear right across the bow of three
sinking ships (ford, dc, gm) and they are stabbing right at the heart of
the 1/2 ton truck market. It seems to be working.

Toyota has a better reputation, and while you can sit back and say they
are having issues with the new Tundras, you forget far too quickly that
just about every single new car or truck launched has its quirks to work
out. Can anyone name ONE car or truck that DID NOT have bugs when it
was launched?

If you ask me the new Tundra is better looking than the Dakota, better
than the GM 1/2tons, and better than the Titan. The F-150 is the only
full size that I actually LIKE from a styling stand point. The current
Ram's - I have accepted... but I would not buy one. And Ford REALLY
F-ed up the new SuperDoody. Everyone I talk to at work says its the
ugliest thing since Joan Rivers last face lift. I always had a soft
spot for the Super Duty - not anymore.

Toyota has a winning package... and the big three *should* be worried.

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine