Re: Blow it out yer exhaust...

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 02:20:42 EDT

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 08:16 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:
> I finally remembered to bring home a dial caliper and I crawled under to
> measure. I have the stock 2.5 inch pipe coming out of the CAT, where
> shortly after it had a 3 inch pipe messily welded in place.
[-snip-]
> Recommendations? Comments? Opinions??

If the engine is basically stock, then I'd hack off that 3" stuff (that sounds
like it's bad anyway) and put on 2.5" stock size pipes and muffler.

If the engine's been modified to move significantly more air, so that you
actually need 3" exhaust, you'd be better off with it being 3" all the way
back, not 2.5" up through the cat.