RE: Aluminum Engine Paint

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 07:08:04 EDT

Jamie Calder wrote:

> I need to repaint my Mopar Performance aluminum valve covers and air
> filter cover. Has anyone tried the standard Dupliu Color engine paint on
aluminum?
> Or anyone know of an aluminum engine paint? Actually there's only a
> few areas where the original paint flaked off, 98.77% of the rest of
> the aluminum is covered by the original paint so I may not need to
> worry about it.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Terrible Tom
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 1:26 AM

I sprayed Christine's engine block, valve covers, oil pan, and exhaust
manifolds with Duplcolor Very High Heat ceramic paint... the 1200 degree
stuff - and unfortunately I don't have any real time on the engine since it
was installed. She's still not in running order (massive
still-to-be-located fuel leak at the tank) so I can't tell you how they will
hold up. I can tell you that there is some rust that started bleeding
through the paint on the exhaust manifolds - which I kinda expected to
happen as it was are cast iron and I didn't do a very good job cleaning them
up to start with.

Engine and valve covers look fine so far however.

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine

None of that stuff is aluminum, right? Did you happen to spray the timing cover?