Re: RE: Differential fluid changes

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 18:30:46 EDT

David Gersic wrote:

> On Sunday 15 April 2007 10:28 pm, Michael Maskalans wrote:

>> Do you know what model tcase do you have? Where are you located?
>
> The "New Process Gear" tag on it says:
>
> Model: 233.D
> Assy No: 5210 5472AB
> S/N: 10500M3
> Ratio: 272

Ah! an NP233, the dreaded electronic shifting version of the NP231 if
I'm not mistaken. The NP website gives *very* different strength
numbers for the 231/hd vs the 233 though, so it may actually have some
different internals. I would not bet, sight unseen, that you could just
slap a yoke off a 231 on there and call it a day. There are a few
spares of the 231 double cardian front output yokes around though.

> I'm in DeKalb, Illinois. It's about an hour west of Chicago, a bit southeast
> of Rockford (RFD), if you're looking at a map.

Too bad me and my spare parts are way over in ROC

--
Mike