RE: Steering Box questions 98 - 99

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 09:12:41 EDT

Hate to steal your thread but,
I just replaced the steering box on my dak '97 4x4.
The old one had alot of slop in it. I also went ahead and replaced the
entire
front end. Ball joints and tire rods. I now have a problem with the new
box.
When your sitting still it feels like the power steering is out. And it's
really hard to turn,
if I roll forward while turning it turns fine. Is there a pressure
adjustment on the pump?
The old box worked fine other than the slop. So I'm thinking that the new
box may have something wrong with it. It's tight but, it feels like the PS
pump doesn't have enough pressure.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a simular problem.
The fluid is full as well. Some times it works better than others.
Thanks,
Hop
'97 CC 318 4x4

$771/month*