RE: RE: Alternator Upgrades

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Sat Apr 28 2007 - 14:19:55 EDT

Not true.

If your pulling more power than the alt supplies at idle-- then you are pulling from the battery.

Viper fan + underdrive crank and ALT pulley drops the voltage down as the factory alt cannot keep up.

" The PCM's in these trucks (and all other vehicles) are what control the charging rate and are designed to keep the charging rate where it's required and can lower/raise it when temperature, load, and electrical requirements"

That IS true... and if you have an alternator (like a powermaster) that puts out MORE amperage at idle than stock, and you have the load that requires it (viper fan, underdrive pulleys, big stereo, the higher amperage alt will help offset that load.

I sell these all the time to people who run big stereos, and have viper fankits that run underdrive pulleys. They work.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292