Re: Return or returnless (was: Can I put an '04 gas tank in a '95 truck?)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 20:30:11 EDT

biff byrum wrote:
> I do disagree with one thing. If you jack up the bed from the front, leaving
> the rear two bolts in place but loose, you need about 22 inches clearance
> from the tank thread upwards to get it out. I've had GenI's and a GenII for
> the last eighteen plus years and have never completely removed a bed. I've
> lost count as to how many I've done, maybe eight. It can be done. Biff
> Byrum

Where do you set the jack in order to get the bed that high? I had the
high-lift in the wheel arch today. I didn't try the floor jack on the
ground, but I don't think it would get much more height than what I
had. Do you do some kind of two-stage system, with one jack to get a
bit of room then a second jack on the frame?