RE: Spam: Re: Return or returnless

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 17:23:16 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Jason Bleazard
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 7:18 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Spam: Re: DML: Return or returnless

Jamie Calder wrote:

> I did the pump in my '96 a few months ago. I removed the rear bumper
> but left the main brackets bolted to the frame and the 2 side angled
> brackets left on the bumper, only 6 bolts for that. After the bed
> bolts were removed (and hoses, tail light wires, rear wheels etc.) I
> was able to easily scoot the bed back. Only needed to move a couple
> feet. I got a pic of it if your curious.

Did you have any problems with the brake drums? Did you have to take the
splash shields off or anything? Or were you able to get clearance without
moving it that far back? I wouldn't mind seeing that picture if you have it
handy.

That sounds like it might be easier for me to pull off than constructing a
scaffolding out of old lumber to support it. Since I don't have any old
lumber around and don't feel like buying any just for that.

Thanks.

The drums stayed on. I sent the pics to your email address.

James