Re: Re: Slotted Brakes Question/Suggestion

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 01:36:01 EDT

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 06:50 pm, josh@stolarz.org wrote:
> OEM on my 02 QC 4.7 automatic with about 57k miles are still lasting me.

My '01 is just shy of 100K miles. The stock (original? unknown.) rotors are
warped, and I get quite a bit of the front end wanting to waggle around when
braking. The drums might still be ok, and I could maybe have them turned, but
I got a good deal on some new ones, so I figure why not replace them too.

I drive about 5K miles a year. My goal is to make 200K on this truck. That's
going to take a while.

> slowing down. The rotors are getting really thin now, but the pads are
> still decent. They have provided a nice foot massage for the past 10k or so
> miles, but oddly they don't pulsate all the time.

Yeah, I see that here too. Sometimes it's really pronounced, other times not
bad at all.

> I guess I am one of the few who have had no issues with their OEM brakes.

You'd have issues with these. But beyond the fact that they're worn out and
need replacing, they just seem kinda weak to me. When I step on the pedal, I
don't want the truck to s...t.....o........p, I want it to *STOP*.