360 swap from an old R/T, advice needed.

From: msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 17:23:25 EDT

Guys,

I've found a local shop that has a R/T they are trying to get rid off. It's a
regular cab, 2001. They are advertising it for "parts or export only"

I spoke with the guy, he tells me the ins. company will not issue a salvage
title for the car (not sure why? how does this work?) so they are selling it
for parts or to export to another country.

How difficult would it be to do the entire swap into my 1999 3.9L Regular Cab
V6 Auto? I figure its going to be:

Engine
Transmission
front suspension
computer
harness
rear differential
rear springs
misc, rims, etc.

Im going to have a friend of mine assist me, hes done engine
rebuilds/powerplant installs before and he will be doing most of the difficult
work.

He says the truck runs and drives fine.

opinions? advice?