RE: RE: These dyno numbers look right?

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 06:10:59 EDT

Hmmm, yeah, that's really rich! I would expect it to be blowing black
smoke out the exhaust at that level.

> The dyno operator did not take the engine to redline(4800) as he was
> worried
> the a/f mixture was too rich, so the dyno chart is incomplete.

That's odd.

> the only thing i cant think of is the injectors are not atomizing the fuel
> at
> higher rpms (they are stock btw)

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. You'll just end up throwing parts
at it that may not help. While a scanner will tell you a lot (my choice)
you can test your sensors (IAT and CTS) with a volt/ohm meter. The
resistance for various temps is in the FSM.

The first thing I would consider is the condition of your plugs, wires, and
air filter. Any misfires or restricted air flow would show up as a rich
condition, as would excess fuel pressure at WOT. Also, was the engine up
to full operating temp?

Ray