Re: Shocks.

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 09:13:03 EDT

On Sun, 20 May 2007 02:00:23 -0400, Barry Oliver
<barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

> The Shocks on my truck are Monroe's on the front and gabriels on the
> rear. Both are the Variable valve variety, and they ride very well, and
> they are among the cheaper variety. They are soft in the middle of
> their range, but get firmer as the bumps get bigger, just perfect IMHO.
> You shouldnt need much more than a set of sockets and maybe a wrench
> or two, but it is infinitely easier to find a friend with air tools. How
> far are you from Illinois or Forestville? Anybody know Droo and want to
> lend a hand?

I'm quite a ways from IL. I live in northern NJ. The more I think about
it, I don't think I'll have too much trouble doing it myself. I rent an
apartment on a farm and I think they have some jacks stands and stuff I
could use. I can also ask my future father-in-law for help if I run into
trouble.

I think if I have buy anything it may be a deep socket or two, a breaker
bar, and a big can of WD-40. I have to find my torque wrench. I'm pretty
sure it's ft/lbs and not in/lbs. I'll be crossing my fingers. :)

So when I jack the truck up, I want to lift the body, not the axle,
correct?

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure