4.7L 2005 Intake Manifold questions

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 11:20:18 EDT

I just received my 2005 intake manifold and HO cams to install on my 2000
4.7l Dakota. It looks like everything will fit and mount on the intake just
fine - I also ordered the push-in IAT sensor. Two questions:

1. The hole for the IAT sensor is closed right now. What's the best way to
open it up? Drill, or punch? I really don't want a lot of little pieces of
plastic floating around inside the manifold.

2. What is the big 1" open hole just behind the throttle body for? (Factory
NOS???) It looks like there is a similar but larger hole on my 2000 intake
plugged with something like a freeze plug. Do the same with the new intake?

Thanks,

Ned