RE: disc brake question

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 10:27:22 EDT

>From Eric:

Hey gang...got a question that I know has been answered here before, but I
didn't give it much attention, because at the time it didn't apply to me.
Here's my situation... I stripped out one of the front slider bolt threads
from the steering knuckle, enough to not trust them.

If you are talking the sliding pins in the caliper bracket that the caliper bolts to, why not buy new ones from the stealer? I got a full set (all 4 and top and bottom are different), after I munged one of them up, well actually my mom picked them up for me. They were about $50 for all 4, so I'd guess maybe $10-12 for the one you need.

Jim
03 CC Dak