Re: torsion bar knock? ;was ball joints

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 08:03:18 EDT

Hey, Jeff...

<> Here's my sympton: I get a solid knock out of the right front
suspension.<>

Like Mike M. said, I had (4X!) lower shock bolts shear off & the "CLUNK" was
exactly like you described, except that it was on the driver's side...
The first time it was had to diagnose, because the bolt was still in place,
but it was in two pieces...I finally figgered it out by putting a socket on
the end of the bolt to see if I could tighten it, but it just spun...It only
occurred when I had the ProComps on...since I switched to Bilsteins, it's
been a non-issue...
Good luck in your search & let us know what you find...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed