Re: BBQ plans Was: I've finally got some good news...

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 22:20:44 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Tom, have you firmed up your plans yet? Just wondering if you are
> planning to arrive tomorrow as usual or if you'll be coming down fri
> or sat.

I just got home from work - I am packing up tonight and I'l be leaving
as early as I can tomorrow AM - I'll post when I leave.

I will be taking the Ram... despite gas prices and its flakey engine
performance. I tried a last minute hail mary play on Christine... but
it wasn't in the cards. I'm having issues with overdrive - the kind
where it doesn't engage. So that killed the chances for her this year.

> We also need to figure out a good time to get our paintball
> on. :-)

Paintball is my primary objective this BBQ. I'm not wheeling the Ram (I
saw you roll your eyes!) - I'll just ride shot gun with someone on the
trails.

> I heard from my brother and he is in. My Dad actually has
> paintball stuff now too, so he may be interested, although I'm not
> sure since he hurt his shoulder a little while back.

Cool! I look forward to fighting The Bush Man this year hehe. With all
that leaf-age - you could possibly nail him a half dozen times and never
find the paint!

your dad bought paintball stuff??! Wow! Cool!

> Oh, speaking of BBQ "events", a couple of years ago, we headed out
> to an ice cream/hamburger stand that has a cruise-in every friday
> evening. Did you folks want to do that again? Its about a 20 minute
> drive. An alternative to that is the "usual" (non-cruise-in) ice
> cream stand which is about 10 minutes away. I suppose the weather
> could dictate our options there somewhat.

We did the car show in 05 which was cool... perhaps we could find time
to do both? car show friday night ice cream saturday? As we both know,
Jon - things usually get played by ear anyway - lets see what happens LOL

The Zen philosopher Smasho once wrote:
"A truck with no dents, is not a 4x4...
and a 4x4 with no dents wasn't at a DML BBQ"
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine