Re: BBQ plans Was: I've finally got some good news...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 20:10:59 EDT

Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>>
>> I don't have any video, but I've got pics from a lot of folks so
>> I'll have to dig those up and see about putting them on a CD/DVD for
>> you.

> Jon, you have all of our pics, right? Just wanted to verify. I'm not
> planning on bringing any of ours down, figuring you already have them.
> Were you planning on putting together a master DVD with everyone's pictures?

   Yes, I've got pics from myself, you, Don, Korey and Mike. The
directory looks to be about 4GB, so I guess that makes it DVDs instead
of CDs. :-) Although we might be able to trim that down, your
parents' pics are in there too at about 1.8GB, but IIRC, a lot of them
were unrelated to the meet so we can probably go through those and
put that folder on a serious diet.

   I can certainly burn copies for anyone who wants them. If folks
interested in pics could bring along a blank DVD or two, that might be
helpful, but if you don't have one, I'm sure I can scare some up.

   Walt, I know you've got Tom's tapes, but do you have pics and/or
video of your own? If so, I'd love to incorporate those at some point
as well.

>> :-) I've got an appointment to get its NY safety inspection Friday
>> morning; I thought about putting it off until after the BBQ, but
>> assuming all goes well, I should be back at DML HQ before 9, so I
>> didn't think it will interfere with the activities since the DML is
>> usually a bit slow to rise in the AM. :-)

> That reminds me, I don't think we ever posted our plans. We have
> someplace else we need to be on Friday morning, but we'll head down as
> early as we can on Friday. We'll have the RV, so naturally everything
> will take longer than normal.

   Sounds good; see you then! My Dad put some of his earthbox garden
next to your usual parking spot, I'm not sure how much that will
effect our plans, I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.

   I did the BBQ shopping today, so its starting to feel official,
despite the early date. :-) Got lots of flammable burgers, ;-) along
with the usual stuff. I still have some junk that needs to be shifted
around in the barn, I'm hoping to get that taken care of today and/or
tomorrow. I didn't do anything as far as coffee goes, I got
unanimously voted out of that job a few years back (probably has
something to do with me not being a coffee drinker and thus not
knowing the difference between a good cup of joe and a cup of mud) :-)
I think Norah was planning to handle that though so if there are any
addicts out there you may not have to go without. :-)

   I heard from Josh and he is planning to arrive sometime tomorrow.
Tom, have you firmed up your plans yet? Just wondering if you are
planning to arrive tomorrow as usual or if you'll be coming down fri
or sat. We also need to figure out a good time to get our paintball
on. :-) I heard from my brother and he is in. My Dad actually has
paintball stuff now too, so he may be interested, although I'm not
sure since he hurt his shoulder a little while back.

   Oh, speaking of BBQ "events", a couple of years ago, we headed out
to an ice cream/hamburger stand that has a cruise-in every friday
evening. Did you folks want to do that again? Its about a 20 minute
drive. An alternative to that is the "usual" (non-cruise-in) ice
cream stand which is about 10 minutes away. I suppose the weather
could dictate our options there somewhat.

   In other BBQ news, they're drilling a gas well further back
on the property and in the process of clearing a road to get the rigs
back there, a bulldozer has temporarily left piles of dirt of various
sizes in various places, so that might be fun for anyone looking to
test articulation or just goof around a bit. I haven't done anything
with the mud pit as far as clearing it out or draining it or anything.
Its full of cat-tails, but its there should anyone have the desire to
go through it. :-) I've got the fluids topped off in the Willys and
it seems to be running well so far. I still need to drive the trails
and check them for downed trees and such.

  It has been cold here the last couple of days (50) and I am hoping
that nonsense stops in time for the shenanigans. Its looking good so
far, they are currently calling for low 80s tomorrow and Friday, with
mid 70s on Saturday. (40% chance of thunderstorms on friday but sunny
on Saturday) Hmmm, speaking of cold, I just remembered that the
bonfire pit is currenly just a pile of stones; another thing to add to
the list. :-P I'd better quit yakkin' and get back to work!

--
                                          -Jon-