Re: BBQ plans Was: I've finally got some good news...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 22:45:13 EDT

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> Tom, have you firmed up your plans yet? Just wondering if you are
>> planning to arrive tomorrow as usual or if you'll be coming down fri
>> or sat.

> I just got home from work - I am packing up tonight and I'l be leaving
> as early as I can tomorrow AM - I'll post when I leave.

   Cool; sounds good! Lets see if you can make it here before Josh
eats all of your danishes. ;-)

> I will be taking the Ram... despite gas prices and its flakey engine
> performance. I tried a last minute hail mary play on Christine... but
> it wasn't in the cards. I'm having issues with overdrive - the kind
> where it doesn't engage. So that killed the chances for her this year.

   Ah well. Probably just as well, so that you can shake out all the
little problems that are bound to crop up when you are around town
rather than on a cross country road trip. :-)

>> Oh, speaking of BBQ "events", a couple of years ago, we headed out
>> to an ice cream/hamburger stand that has a cruise-in every friday
>> evening. Did you folks want to do that again? Its about a 20 minute
>> drive. An alternative to that is the "usual" (non-cruise-in) ice
>> cream stand which is about 10 minutes away. I suppose the weather
>> could dictate our options there somewhat.

> We did the car show in 05 which was cool... perhaps we could find time
> to do both? car show friday night ice cream saturday? As we both know,
> Jon - things usually get played by ear anyway - lets see what happens LOL

   Heh! Yeah, for sure. :-) I figured I'd mention it ahead of time
so that anyone who needs the extra mulling time can start grinding
away at it. :-) As far as both days go, I'll just be happy if we
manage to find time for one plus the paintball. :-) Actually, I can
go to the car show and/or ice cream place anytime, so its more of what
everyone else wants to do.

--
                                          -Jon-