Re: V6 CC owners....question for you.

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 18:26:51 EDT

>>Hey. Anybody else with a 42RE have a short "oop" noise
right when you shift into reverse? This is really
bugging me. Sounds like something binding up. It's a
lot worse when I'm facing downhill and shift to
reverse<<

*lurk mode off*

My 88 6er with an A-500 used to do that. Did some research when I was a
Service Writer at a Dodge Dealership and found that there was/is an issue
with driveline slack in A-500 and 42 series trannies that'll make em' make
strange noises like that. May also cause a hard 1-2 shift at low speeds
(like in a parking lot or something).
You can tell if it's driveline slack by puttin' it in P, rock the truck
forward and back a few times, then enjoy the clunk when you put it on D or
R. =)

*returns to lurk mode*

-miggity
00' R/T CC... a mod or two or 5 =)