Re: Re: V6 CC owners....question for you.

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 21:43:29 EDT

Miggity Mike! You've been around here a long time
too,sir!

Actually,my 4.7 Dak has a nasty 1st to 2nd clunk,but
I've learned to just keep a little throttle on it
until it shifts past. So it hasn't clunked for years!
I love that 4.7 and 45RFE tremendously! Almost as fast
as an R/T! :)

The 3.9 truck is a CC,and it has a mile-long
driveshaft. So I can believe it would have U-joint
issues.

Thanks! Steve P.

--- Mike Sykes <mikesykes@cox.net> wrote:

> >>Hey. Anybody else with a 42RE have a short "oop"
> noise
> right when you shift into reverse? This is really
> bugging me. Sounds like something binding up. It's a
> lot worse when I'm facing downhill and shift to
> reverse<<
>
> *lurk mode off*
>
> My 88 6er with an A-500 used to do that. Did some
> research when I was a
> Service Writer at a Dodge Dealership and found that
> there was/is an issue
> with driveline slack in A-500 and 42 series trannies
> that'll make em' make
> strange noises like that. May also cause a hard 1-2
> shift at low speeds
> (like in a parking lot or something).
> You can tell if it's driveline slack by puttin' it
> in P, rock the truck
> forward and back a few times, then enjoy the clunk
> when you put it on D or
> R. =)
>
> *returns to lurk mode*
>
> -miggity