Re: mirrors

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 15:12:30 EDT

On Mon, June 18, 2007 2:39 pm, Pindell, Tim P said:

> Can anyone confirm or deny that '94-'01 Ram side mirrors will fit my '94
> Dak?

I had the same thought years ago, but never got around to trying it. I did
have the parts counter look them up, and they're a different part number. No
idea how different they actually are, but they're different enough that the
corporate bean counters approved a separate item. I decided it would have
been an expensive experiment, but I still think they should work without too
much effort. They look pretty close.

I met a guy once who had mounted a set of mirrors from a late-80's Caravan to
a '95 Dakota. He had to do some minor trimming and filling of gaps, but it
wasn't noticeable unless you were really looking.

If you can get a cheap set of Ram mirrors from a junkyard, it might be worth
trying them. Or even if you know anyone with a Ram who would let you borrow a
mirror for a test fit. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

> Background: The school is re-working a warehouse-type building for
> temporary lab/classroom use. I was dropping off my load of network gear
> and while backing out, I snagged the rope used to pull down the overhead
> door with the left-side mirror. The rope sawed a small chunk out of the
> plastic and my ego. Smooth move.

My dad always used to tell me there are only two types of people who do stuff
like that: those who HAVE, and those who WILL. :-)