O2 sensor

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 19:00:21 EDT

Ok, I am wondering. I have a 99, 5.2L 4x4 with 130k on it. I have
replaced the exhaust from the Y pipe back [for the second time] and this
time I sprung for a hi-flow cat. I have never replaced the O2 sensors
and AFAIK they are all original. I have read that 60-80k is the replace
interval, but that a bad O2 = MIL. My only symptom is waaay worse gas
mileage than before, and obviously, that's enough. So, is there a
practical way to test these buggers, or does the absence of a MIL mean
that I got the miracle O2 sensors that doubled the life expectancy? Do
the "cheaters" plug in using factory connector or do they require one to
cut wires to install them?