Speaking of Codes...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 16:52:07 EDT

Hey, DML...
Must be the season for MILs. Driving to the town landfill this afternoon, I
heard a "ding-ding" & got a dreaded "check gages" light...
Coolant temp was pegged at 250! Just happened to have a 50/50 Prestone mix
in the back so I pulled into the landfill, opened the hood poured it in &
left the hood open while I unloaded my weekly cargo of recyclables & other
junk.
When I started her back up, the temp gage went right to 250 for about 5
seconds & then dropped to 130...WTF!?!?
Driving home she pegged & dropped off to 130 3-4X & then the MIL came on...
I pulled the codes & got a P0117 - ECT Sensor Voltage too low..
Is there a test to see if the sensor is mahtzoed, or should I just replace
it?
Local NAPA has one for $14...Might as well go get it, Huh?

TIA,

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +