RE: Speaking of Codes...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 12:43:00 EDT

DAKSY wrote:

> Hey Rascal!
>
> <> Bob, that sounds like possibly a thermostat sticking, but what the
> heck, the
> $14 sensor is easier to do first....<>
>
> That was my first thought - UNTIL the temp gage started flopping up &
> down...NAPA's open til 7 (local time)
> I don't hafta run for a bit...maybe see if Bernd has any input...At
> least the weather is holding for the Sporty!

My first thought is low coolant & bubbles... air is a lot hotter than
water!

Check your level, then the sensor, then the t-stat. would explain why
the temp went down so fast after adding coolant.

(I see you're all set, figured I'd send this anyway....)

FWIW, I can never keep coolant on the stick in my overflow bottle, but
the radiator is always full when I check it and she only gets warm if
I'm really working it offroad.

- Mike