Re: RE: Re: RE: Speaking of Codes...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 20:03:34 EDT

Hey, Bernd!

<> Resistance check (previous post has that) and then just
replace the darn thing.<>

It's just NEVER easy...*sigh* My freekin multimeter sh*t the bed so I
replaced the sensor...
Why does everything hafta be a workout? Is it me?
Not only is the ECT behind the Alternator, It's DIRECTLY under the heater
hose...
The FSM saved my butt, tho..
It says to fabricate a hook out of a length of wire coat hanger...
Course EVERY coat hanger in THIS house is made of PLASTIC!
Fortunately I had one in the back of the DAKSY- that I BORROWED & that I'd
used to unlock my daughter's car when she locked her keys in it...
The connector came off easy enuff, & a 13mm deep 1/4" drive socket got the
sensor out...BUT...
that SAME deep socket was too deep to install the new one...I could turn it,
but I couldn't get any downwards pressure to get the threads to engage..
After rummaging thru the tool box & coming up empty, I simply wadded up some
paper towel & jammed it in the hex & made the deep socket less deep!
The connector when back on with xtra long needle-nose pliers (FSM hint!)
She started up & I took a 3-mile ride & the temps held at t-stat setting...
Back in action again!
Thx to all who responded!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM