Re: RE: RE: Where can I find FED safety information?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 14:08:55 EDT

Dustin Williams wrote:

> I also can say from
> experience that when driving on a lonely two lane desert road or in
> heavy rain it is a lot easier to see on coming traffic, especially
> when making the decision to pass someone, if they have lights on.

I'll second that. I remember as a kid when we used to take family
vacations from SLC to LA, driving across the desert. There were
sections where they required people to turn their lights on, this was
many years before anyone had ever heard of DRLs. Every once in a while
you'd get some nimrod who somehow missed all of the huge signs reading
"STATE LAW REQUIRES USE OF HEADLIGHTS AT ALL TIMES". You'd never see
those people until they were right there, but the lights you could see
miles away. On an interstate freeway it doesn't matter that much, but
on a two-lane highway it matters.