RE: 2002 Dakota 4.7 hard start

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 23:07:08 EDT

Check the crank sensor harness - the older models have a silver cover (heat
shield conduit) that sometimes touches the starter connection and causes
starting issues (crank sensor voltage). Bumps in the road can cause the
problem to come and go at random.

On the fuel pressure, put a pressure gauge on the line and see if it falls
right away after the engine is turned off.

If you happen to have access to a scanner, watch the cam/crank sync when the
problem happens as well.

- Bernd