RE: RE: Auto Tranny Shifting problems

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 09:52:34 EDT

> However - I have
> switched both the Ram (now at 66,000+ miles) and the Explorer (at
> 48,000+ miles) over to Royal Purple, from Mobil 1. I plan to
> run 5000
> miles on an oil change, with a filter change at 2500 miles.
> I'm going
> to send in oil to Blackstone on this round of oil changes to see how
> this oil change schedule will work out.

Over several oil changes in my Dak and the Stratus with several tests
from Blackstone on each of them at different intervals, I've settled on
5000-6000 miles as being a good compromise. Still plenty of additive
left and contaminants are within acceptable limits on the >conventional
oil<. I've gone as far as 7500 miles and that was on the edge, according
to the Blackstone report. I feel much better having objective numbers.

Of course, there are many variables so these numbers probably specific
to my individual situation.

> Catcha folks later - I have the weekend off after having worked 12
> straight days of hell. I'm going to go hide in the woods and
> chop trees
> and fish and piss off the campers down the road with some Rob
> Zombie at
> 4 in the morning...

Give 'em the "Hellbilly Deluxe" album. "Living Dead Girl" is my favorite
4am serenade...