Re: FS: Diesel Liberty

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 13:13:50 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2007, at 20:58, Jon Smith wrote:
>>
>> Got another crumb cruncher on the way! Two baby seats will max out
>> the Jeep and the Dakota, so the former is up for sale. 2006 CRD
>> liberty, atlantic blue. 55kish miles.
>> Email for details, we're motivated to sell. Maybe the Dak will get
>> a bigger lift in the near future! =)
>>

> Hey Jon - those can potentially be a hot iten in the CARB cartel
> states as they were illegal to sell new in those states.

   Heh! I was thinking the same thing. :-) My brother has recently
brought up the subject of finding something a bit easier on gas than
his 5.7L Durango. After I saw Jon's post about the possible
availability of a CRD Liberty, I did some quick 'net searching to see
what sort of mileage they get, but was a bit dissapointed in the
results. From what I have seen, the real world numbers aren't much
better than the gas version? :-( Its hard to say, you find posts
from some people claiming 30 and 45 mpg and others who can't get it
over 20.

   Jon (or anybody else with a diesel Liberty), what sort of fuel
economy are you seeing, and for what type of driving?

--
                                          -Jon-