Re: FS: Diesel Liberty

From: Jon Smith (DML@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 16:57:52 EDT

We can typically pull 26-28mpg easily (light, consistant throttle input)
while cruising my typical speed (75-80mph). In town still gets b/w
22-23mpg. Before the CRD, we had an '02 KJ w/ the 3.7 gas motor. The
mileage increase is not quite double, we were only averaging 18-19mpg on
a highway cruise. Mileage aside, the CRD pulls hills sooooooo much
easier it's crazy. There are some hills on I-40 the 3.7 had to
downshift to 3rd and run @ redline to maintain 70mph. The CRD never
comes out of lockup in OD and will pull 75-80 up the same stretch (keeps
accelerating to the point where I have to let off for curves).

While I agree about the real world numbers some put out, we've never had
a problem with mileage. We also have had no problems with the EGR valve
either...

-Jon Smith