RE: PCM Problem?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 20:17:09 EDT

BCM = Body Control Module. Basically - controls the internal (cabin)
functions. Headlights, A/C controls, Seats, Door Locks (powered ones),
sliding door, and sends/receives information to and from the cluster.

Can it turn off the vehicle - yes, but only if the vehicle theft system is
acting up (which the BCM also controls). It definitely sounds like the BCM
is having some issues from what you described...but they're not cheap
either. I just finished up a BCM replacement on a '97 NS (Caravan) earlier
today and they take about 2-3 days to get (unless that specific model is in
stock) and they need to be programmed (VIN and Mileage) by the reman
company. Cost is approximately $300-$600 depending on year/model/options.

- Bernd