Re: RE: Checking transmission line pressure

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 09:57:28 EDT

Thanks for the reply,Bernd!

I don't have anything to read any transmission sensors
with. My Elmscan 5 will do the engine sensors
(only,apparently). About all I can do is measure
actual fluid pressure with a gauge and look at my
speedometer.

I'm a little concerned that I can't find anyone on the
internet that has had either the sensor or the
solenoid cause erratic surging and intermittent
performance. All I can find is complaints of second
gear starts and failure to upshift. Maybe I need to
verify that the fuel system and the engine vacuum is
not causing anything before I blame the transmission
for causing that one symptom for sure.

Steve P.