Re: Extended warranty

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 01:28:10 EDT

>And when you're left holding a worthless insurance policy (because
>that's what these plans *really* are) because the 3rd-party underwriter
>on your policy went belly-up, you're hosed.
>
>Ask the people who got screwed when one of Warranty Gold's underwriters
>went under a few years back.

Good solid back round. Also sells regular auto insurance. Top rated company.

>Or maybe they'll just refuse to cover it in the first place on some
>technicality. Or drag their feet sending you the reimbursement after
>you've already laid out the money and submitted their paperwork.

I've found every manufacturer plan I've had in the past that when the service plan and repair shop are owned by the same company, that getting work done is like pulling teeth! They both don't want to cover the work in name of saving money. By having the option of going to any shop that's SEI certified for coverage gives you the choice of who will work on your car. Any SEI shop will work for the work and work with the service plan provider. Grant you 90% of the covered work I had done was at a Dodge dealer, they were more then happy to deal with the plan provider.

>Going through the manufacturer is less headaches (no cash outlay then
>reimbursement), and much safer (less risk of losing your policy).

After having the plans for 5 years on both my Neon and Dakota, NOT ONCE did I lay out any funds for covered repairs, This company works fast to OK the work with the shop and pays via Credit card when the work is done. I have all the documentation to cover what I'm saying here. Next time I'm in market for a service plan I will get it from AFI Management Company.

They covered the work for the ball-joints on my Dakota before the recall without a hassle, same with the rebuilding of the rear differential(sp?) among with other major and minor repairs on both the Neon and Dakota.

For the record, I have no financial ties to AFI Management Company. I'm speaking from my own dealings and just trying to help my friends.

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us