Re: RE: Was checking transmission line pressure,now other stuff. (Bernd)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 16:27:41 EDT

Steve Preston <steveophonic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay,got everything working again and rechecked the
> truck. Fully warmed up:

> MAP: 12.1 inHG at 680 rpm
> 9.2 inHG at 2500rpm
> 8.6 inHG at 3052rpm
> 8.0 inHG at 3600rpm

> Timing advance: 13-20 degrees at 672-750 rpm
> 43 degrees at 2500 rpm

> 02 sensor 1 bank 1 fluctuates from .880-.060v
> 02 sensor 2 bank 1 fluctuates from .140-.620v

> I didn't think sensor two had this much activity last
> time I checked. I could not determine barometric
> pressure. It is 1013 in my area right now,but nothing
> correlates to that on my scanner.

   Steve,

   1013 is the barometric pressure in millibars. That corresponds to
approximately 29.91 inches. Check the MAP reading on your truck with
the ignition on, but the engine not running. That will give you the
ambient barometric pressure, which should match the barometric presure
in your area. (If the engine is running, the motor will pull a vacuum
and lower the MAP reading, so to compare with the weather station you
need to have the engine off.) If your local weather station only gives
the reading in millibars, do a google search for "barometric pressure
conversion", and you will find several sites with lookup tables and
javascript calculators to do the conversion.

--
                                          -Jon-