Re: RE: Was checking transmission line pressure,now other stuff. (Bernd)

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 12:59:17 EDT

Okay,got everything working again and rechecked the
truck. Fully warmed up:

MAP: 12.1 inHG at 680 rpm
       9.2 inHG at 2500rpm
       8.6 inHG at 3052rpm
       8.0 inHG at 3600rpm

Timing advance: 13-20 degrees at 672-750 rpm
                    43 degrees at 2500 rpm

02 sensor 1 bank 1 fluctuates from .880-.060v
02 sensor 2 bank 1 fluctuates from .140-.620v

I didn't think sensor two had this much activity last
time I checked. I could not determine barometric
pressure. It is 1013 in my area right now,but nothing
correlates to that on my scanner.

Thanks.

Steve P.
--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Easy way to tell on a bad MAP: "Baro" reading on the
> scanner. It should be
> close to what your actual barometric pressure is -
> you can easily check that
> with a weather website in your area. Normally, 29.0
> - 29.5 is the norm with
> 30" during a storm (high/low pressure changes). If
> it's at 31" or
> 27"...something is wrong with the sensor.
>
> The sound you described also strikes a flag - what's
> the engine vacuum at
> idle, 1500rpm, normal cruising, and at WOT? Reason
> for asking is you can
> tell if a cat is plugged up by checking the vacuum.
> If it's plugged up, the
> vacuum under WOT will not go down to "0" and will
> rise slowly but steadily
> (WOT run on the Highway or lonesome street is a goot
> area to test this).
>
> Does your Elmscanner allow for saving data log files
> (Sensor data) and if it
> does, can it be saved into a standard file to
> read/email?
>
> - Bernd

=== message truncated ===